Who We Are
A firm imbued with a singular focus and rich experience in renewable energy, Alyra provides financial advisory services exclusively to the renewable energy sector since January 2004. The firm specializes in acquisitions, joint ventures, structured tax equity and project finance transactions.Our clients include leading renewable energy companies and institutional investors in North America and Europe. Alyra was founded in January 2014. Download Alyra brochure here.
As of May 2016, Alyra advised on over $6.1 billion in renewable energy M&A transactions.
Mohammed J. Alam, the principal at Alyra, has been focused on renewable energy finance since the late 90s and closed over $8.4 billion in energy transactions during his career. Mr. Alam is also involved in supporting clean energy growth through his roles in the public bodies and advocacy. In December 2010, Mr. Alam was appointed by U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke as a member of the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Advisory Committee, to advise the U.S. Commerce Secretary on issues related to the global competitiveness of the U.S. renewable energy industry. In March 2011 Mr. Alam was part of the Antarctic Renewable Energy Expedition, led by polar explorer Robert Swan, OBE, and his environmental advocacy organization, 2041. Mr. Alam is one of the founding members of the Advisory Board at the Center for Sustainable Enterprise and Regional Competitiveness, Boston, Massachusetts and he also serves on the board of directors at ServiceNet, a leading health and human services organization in Massachusetts.
Recent Engagement Highlights
· Advisor to Aspenall Energies regarding the acquisition of 21 MW Grant County Wind project from Olympus Power.
· Advisor to Patriot Renewables regarding the sale of ownership interest in the 34.2 MW Saddleback Ridge Wind project in Carthage, ME, to an affiliate of Hartz Capital.
· Exclusive Advisor to major European renewable energy development firm regarding strategic evaluation of its US wind power business.
· Exclusive Advisor to major Asian renewable energy development firm regarding acquisition of a contracted 40 MW solar PV project.
· Exclusive Advisor to ARRCON Wind/The Conti Group, regarding the sale of its 550 MW wind power portfolio.
· Advisor to NRG Energy regarding acquisition of renewable energy projects, including a 109 MW operating wind power project.
· Exclusive Advisor to Duke Energy regarding its acquisition of 1 GW wind power assets of Tierra Energy.
· Advisor to Duke Energy regarding the acquisition of Catamount Energy, including over 300 MW of operating assets and over 2 GW of development-stage assets.
· Exclusive Advisor to Project Resources Corp. regarding a strategic transaction to fund a wind power development portfolio in the Midwest.
· Exclusive Advisor to Spinnaker Energy regarding buyout of a 707 MW wind and solar power development portfolio from Martifer Renewables.
· Senior Advisor to Soltage regarding corporate development and project financing.
· Advisor to a regional solar PV development company regarding the sale of a 23 MW solar PV project portfolio.
· Exclusive Advisor to a major strategic investor regarding a $80 million wind power portfolio acquisition opportunity.
· Exclusive Advisor to a major strategic investor regarding a $50 million acquisition of a solar PV development company.
· Advisor to Duke Energy regarding investment and joint venture opportunities in the solar thermal and photovoltaic power sectors.